Mobile Deposit FAQs
Mobile Deposit is a service available within Prairie Mountain Bank’s Mobile Banking Application. It
allows you to deposit checks directly into your Prairie Mountain Bank account(s) by taking a picture
of a check using your Smartphone.
Mobile Deposit is currently available for the Android (Operating System version 4.1 or higher),
iPhone (Operating System version 5 or higher) and iPad. The phone camera needs to be rear-facing
and 4+ megapixel resolution with flash. Although some different devices will work for the
mobile app, the camera specs may not be considered optimal for capturing images. To troubleshoot
your device, please check the phone specifications online or with your wireless provider.
The entire check needs to be captured between the overlay boundaries on a flat, dark surface to
ensure proper check imaging.
ANDROID Devices - TIP: To capture best image - Tap to focus!
You can securely deposit checks from anywhere, anytime - even if you are not near an American
Bank Center Branch. This saves time and expense by reducing trips to the bank to deposit checks.
Mobile Deposit is FREE for our Prairie Mountain Bank consumer accounts. Business Customers:
Please contact your eBanking Specialist for more details.
This will depend on the speed of your connection. Wi-Fi transmission submit times are usually in
the 5-10 second range. The 3G network transmission times range from 10-30 seconds. Weaker
signal strength may result in slower response time.
** It is important to track your deposit limits - both count and dollar! If your current deposit puts you over the limits set for daily or monthly deposits your deposit will not be processed. If you have surpassed your monthly limit, the check will then need to be deposited at a Prairie Mountain Bank branch.
You can deposit checks at any time. Deposits made through Mobile Deposit will memo post to your account but funds from items deposited will be available according to the Prairie Mountain Bank Funds Availability Policy, as amended from time to time. The funds availability policy is available at any community office of Prairie Mountain Bank for your review.
Prairie Mountain Bank will require a deposit to be made by 7 P.M. CST via Mobile Deposit to post with an effective date of the day of deposit. If you deposit the check after 7 P.M. CST it will post the following business day. Please Note:This will only post same day if there are no discrepancies with the deposit that need to be addressed.
- Any check or item payable to any person or entity other than you;
- Items that are drawn on your own account here at Prairie Mountain Bank (either personal or business affiliated account);
- Any check or item containing an alteration on the front of the check or item, or which you know or suspect, or should know or suspect is fraudulent or otherwise not authorized by the owner of the account on which the check or item is drawn;
- Any check or item payable jointly, unless deposited into an account in the name of all payees;
- Any check previously converted to a substitute check, as defined in Regulation CC;
- Any check drawn on a financial institution located outside the United States;
- Any check that is a remotely created check, as defined in Regulation CC;
- Any check not payable in United States currency;
- Any check dated more than 6 months prior to the date of deposit;
- Any check or item prohibited by Prairie Mountain Bank's current procedures relating to RDA or which is not acceptable under the terms of your Prairie Mountain Bank account;
- Any check payable on sight or payable through draft, as defined in Regulation CC;
- Any check not properly endorsed as specified in this Agreement;
- Any check that has previously been submitted through the Service or through a remote deposit capture service offered at any other financial institution;
- Any check or item drawn or otherwise issued by the U.S. Treasury Department.